Fall in Love with Your Home Again
Fall in Love with Your Home Again…
Painting can have a huge effect on your home. And the pa
int colors that you choose for the project will have a huge effect on the look and feel of your home.
- Try to keep a consistent theme and decor throughout every room in your home,
- Create a specific atmosphere in the room or rooms that you’re painting.
Deciding on the colors that you’ll paint any given room can be much easier if you understand a few of the principles that determine which colors and combinations of colors can help you achieve different results.
Our Nashville color consultants can help you choose the perfect colors for your home. And we’ve also put together a few tips that you should keep in mind during your painting project:
Get Professional Help
Your home’s painting project is probably the most important project for homeowners to take on without professional help. But working with a professional consultant can have a number of great advantages. For one thing, as color experts, we are able to help you quickly decide on a few different color combinations you may not have even thought of.
Suggestions that can make all the difference.
Consider the Mood You’d Like to Create
When choosing paint colors what you’re really choosing is the mood that you’d like to create.
- A kitchen can be energized by reds and yellows,
- A bedroom can feel much cozier with soft blues and greens.
- Bright colors can make a room feel larger,
- And deeper blue-greens can make a room feel formal.
You should think of how you want the room to feel. Then try to select colors that will help you create that mood. Also, keep in that mind that brighter colors can be risky. While you may be attempting to create a vibrant and energetic atmosphere in your Nashville home, you could easily end up creating an anxious atmosphere. Our color consultants experts can direct you to the right paint colors to create the feeling that you want.
Consider the Lighting and Decor of the Room
The lighting and decor of a room will have a huge effect on how the colors of the walls will be perceived. You don’t really know what a color will look like when picking them out from the local paint store under there bright fluorescent lights. You’ll need to see them in your home’s lighting.
But here’s Another Tip:
- If a room is lit dimly, you can get away with brighter colors, but a room that is usually brightly lit should use darker colors.
- The existing interior decor of your Nashville home should play a huge role in your decision. The entire space will be changed by your wall color, so it’s important to keep the entire area in mind when you’re making your decision.
Our color consultants can help you select the best color for your home, decor, and lighting. Call or contact us today for your home’s color consultation.